We're Having a Baby!
I have been feeling really lousy and grouchy for two months now, I have felt on the verge of a menstrual cycle, all of the symptoms but it never arrived. My mom and a few of my friends kept telling me to take a pregnancy test. I kept telling them no, and reassuring them that it was near impossible for us to get pregnant the old fashioned way. For those that don't know because of Corey's previous cancer we did in vitro fertilization to have Sophie. Because of modern day medicine (in vitro) we were able to have Sophie our own gorgeous biological child and are only a few thousand dollars lighter for the process. We had setup two previous appointments to start the in vitro process but each time they approached I didn't feel good about it and felt the need to cancel. We had just setup another appointment for August. The past three weeks on top of cramping, headaches, and feeling just plain old crumby, I started feeling nauseated at night. This morning (Sunday) Corey made me wake up and finally take a test just so we would know. I was sure the result was going to be negative. I took the test and left the bathroom to change Sophie's diaper, all the while feeling confident in my previous assumption. Not even seconds later Corey says, "Jaxx hurry and get in here". I thought he was joking but when I went back in the bathroom I found him beaming. He looked at me and said, "does this say what I think it says?" I went to look at the test only to see a big PREGNANT looking back at me. I was shocked to say the least, this isn't something that was ever supposed to happen to us. Normal people have a 20% chance of getting pregnant every month. That left us with probably a 1% chance? The rest of the day I felt shock and disbelief. I kept thinking there was no way this was possible. I wasn't going to believe it until I was told by a Doctor. Corey was on cloud 9 the entire day. He asked me if we were going to tell anyone, I told him that he could if he wanted to. I on the other hand was going to wait until we were absolutely sure. At Sunday dinner with my family he just couldn't hold it in any more, and told my Dad. When I found out my Dad knew. I told my Mom. Linda came to visit the next morning and I told her, we then told Mike and on the news went out to family members. Monday morning came and I was on the phone right at 8:00 a.m. trying to find a Doctor. Unfortunately the doctor that delivered Sophie moved to IMC, and they don't take our insurance. My mom's Doctor could get me in on Wednesday, so I took the appointment. I kept asking the nurse if I needed to have a blood test, she kept saying no, home pregnancy tests are very accurate when they read positive. Every one but me was certain that I was really pregnant. I was so nervous going to our appointment. I was sure they were going to tell me that I wasn't really pregnant. The Doctor did an ultra sound, and sure enough there was our beautiful little baby. All I could do was cry. Sophie went with us and we kept telling her we were going to see the baby for the first time. She was excited until we arrived and then she proceeded to cry the entire time. I think she was expecting to get her shots. Everything with the baby looked great. We are 8 weeks and 3 days, due February 3. I feel so blessed and grateful (and more wealthy, says Corey!). I don't even know how to describe my feelings, other than I went from not sure if I was ready to have another baby and go through the in vitro process. To feeling so much excitement and joy! I have a little anxiety about how my little girl is going to feel about a sibling and not having every bit of our love and attention at every moment.




14 comments:
Congrats!! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!
I am so excited for you. I seriously couldn't stop smiling when I was reading your post, because I knew what a process it was for you last time. Congratulations. I hope everything goes well. I bet Sophie will love being a big sister. Congrats again, I am super happy for you guys.
Congratulations!
You just made Sophie a new best friend :) She'll still have all that love. You're heart just gets bigger!
I'm SO SO SO happy for you! What great news!
HOLY CRAP!!!!! That is so AWESOME!!! WooohOOoooo! (I am way excited for you guys!) Yay! This is so great!!
What an awesome Miracle Jacci!!! That is so wonderful! Congratulations!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!!
Congratulations!! SO happy for you!!
holy cow Jacks! Congratulations. I'm so excited for you guys! Yay for a miracle baby!
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting -- I'm so happy for you guys! However, I think you've just confirmed my suspicions that there's something in the water over here!
Yeah.....CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting is that to get pregnant without really expecting it......totally meant to be! I am so happy and excited for you both!
Jacci! That is so awesome! Congrats..... I am so excited for you. Your story is just priceless, and so amazing. Congrats again. Nikki
COngRatS!!! YAY. That is so exciting for you and Corey.
Jacci, I am a little like Corey and can not wipe the smile off my face. What a blessing and I can't wait to meet the little one:) Love ya
Katie told me at the pool the other day. I am SOOOO happy for you!
Post a Comment