Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas Trees

For as long as I can remember, we go cut down Christmas trees at some property that my Dads family used to own. They sold it to some friends several years ago. Every year they invite a whole bunch of people to come "thin out the trees". I cant believe it is already this time of year. It feels like we just barely went. We always have so much fun. (even if it doesn't seem like it at the time!) My dad is so funny, he hikes to the top of the mountain in search of the perfect tree.
(you know the one with the spotlight, that is already decorated with the birds and deer around it singing.) As I have gotten older that trait has rubbed off on me. Everyone always starts out with us but in the end My dad and I are the only ones left hiking back down the mountain. I guess you can say we are Christmas tree experts! After a few hours, a couple of falls and freezing toes and noses we found some good ones! We tied them to the truck, took some family pictures and went to Dicks drive-in in Kamas. This is one of my favorite traditions, and one I hope to be able to carry on for many more years!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Holy cow! You guys already have your Christmas tree?? Is it up and decorated too??

Looks like fun! I love the smell of a real tree!

alicia said...

cute family pictures.